What are your favorite ICPC contests?

Revision en3, by 0mar, 2026-09-28 22:59:10

What are your favorite ICPC style contests at different difficulty levels? I'm particularly interested in contests at the easy to medium level, since Universal Cup tends to be very hard, but I welcome all suggestions.

The last blog I've found on this was Radewoosh's blog 8 years ago, but I'm sure there have been plenty of great contests since.

I'll start with a few of my favorite contest series, as well as one problem that I liked (roughly in my perceived difficulty order):

Subregional
  • BAPC: Generally consistent problem set with problems that are more CF style.
Easier Regional
  • PACNW: Probably my favorite American regional in terms of problem quality and consistency
Harder Regional

As a sidenote, unlike CF contests where there are announcement blogs and editorials, there is very limited space for discussion about ICPC contests. It would be cool if CF would auto-generate an announcement blog for every contest to allow for discussion.

Also, feel free to recommend specific contests if the quality is inconsistent year to year.

What are your thoughts?

History

 
 
 
 
Revisions
 
 
  Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English 0mar 2026-09-28 22:59:10 58 Tiny change: 'ughts?**\n****\nAs a sid' -> 'ughts?**\n\nAs a sid'
en2 English 0mar 2026-09-28 22:58:13 0 (published)
en1 English 0mar 2026-09-28 22:57:27 1469 Initial revision (saved to drafts)