Help Needed: Finding Minimum Cycle Sum for Each Node in a Weighted Directed Graph

Правка en1, от RD_01, 2024-07-09 14:48:40

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a problem involving weighted directed graphs and could use some help. The problem is as follows:

Problem Statement:

I have a weighted directed graph which may or may not contain cycles, and it can have multiple cycles. The nodes are 1-based indexed. I need to create an array cycleSum of size equal to the number of nodes. For each node i, cycleSum[i] should contain the sum of the weights of the smallest cycle in which node i is a part of. If a node is not part of any cycle, cycleSum[i] should be -1. If a node is part of multiple cycles, the array should contain the sum of weights of the cycle with the minimum sum. Example:

Node 1: Cycle 1 (weight 10)

Node 2: Cycle 1 (weight 10), Cycle 2 (weight 20)

Node 3: No cycle

cycleSum = [10, 10, -1]

Approach: I want to solve this problem using Depth-First Search (DFS). However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to correctly detect cycles and calculate the minimum cycle sum for each node.

My Questions:

How can I efficiently detect cycles in a directed graph using DFS? How should I keep track of the cycle sums and update cycleSum array with the minimum cycle sum for each node? Are there any specific edge cases I should be aware of?

Node 1: Not part of any cycle cycleSum: -1

Node 2: Part of the cycle: 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 2 Cycle sum: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11

Node 3: Part of the cycle: 3 -> 4 -> 2 -> 3 Cycle sum: 5 + 2 + 4 = 11

Node 4: Part of the cycle: 4 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 Cycle sum: 2 + 4 + 5 = 11

So, the cycleSum array should be: cycleSum = [-1, 11, 11, 11]

I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to approach this problem. Thanks in advance for your help!

Теги graph theory, help me, easy-medium, problem solving, data structures, dfs, doubt

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en1 Английский RD_01 2024-07-09 14:48:40 1885 Initial revision (published)