Please read the new rule regarding the restriction on the use of AI tools. ×

Are recent Div 2A/2B harder than previous 2A/2B?

Revision en1, by Boredgrammer, 2023-08-24 01:16:44

Hey Everyone,

I have just started practicing on static A2OJ ladder link for rating <=1300. I could solve most of the problems without looking at editorial and most of them were from older Div2 contests.

Recently, I participated in a div 2 contest and couldn't solve any question. Virtually Participated in couple of recent Div 2 contest still couldn't solve any. Then I tried Div 3 and Div 4 and I could solve couple of questions in them.Thus I think recent div 2 contests are harder than div 2 contests conducted before introduction of div 3 and div 4.

Now comming to the point considering the low frequency of Div 3 and Div 4 contest, what should be the approach to practice problems so that i am able to solve div 2 A and B. I tried grinding through the recent Div 2A and 2B and found those very difficult. when I solve recent problems with ratring from 1000-1100 I am not able to solve them at all whereas I am able to solve most of the problems with same rating for older div2 contests . I have solved close to 100 800 rated questions(and i am able to solve them) Thus i dont really want to drop the rating of problems below 1000.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English Boredgrammer 2023-08-24 01:16:44 1233 Initial revision (published)