Please read the new rule regarding the restriction on the use of AI tools. ×

Is progress guarenteed? right way to practice?

Revision en1, by IsuckAtProgramming, 2020-09-02 13:37:57

Hello I am starting university and want to get into the competitive programming scene. I can barely solve 1 or 2 div 2 A problems and can't even solve USACO bronze problems. I heard a lot of people say to keep practicing ,but I have seen many graphs of people with 300 — 700+ problems solved but still grey(very respectable work ethic).

Anyone know the right way to practice? (Mostafa saads training sheet / a2oj / etc )and how many problems should I solve? Only thing going for me is that I was decent at high school maths. Currently I can reviewing C / C++ and learning some maths related to computer science. What process do you think is best for an absolute numbskull that will guarantee atleast some progress? Most of the competitive programmers in my university are way above me and I'm feeling very intimidated.

ik this post will get alot of dislikes but hey worth a shot.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English IsuckAtProgramming 2020-09-02 13:38:59 25 Tiny change: 'e progress? Most of ' -> 'e progress [ a process I can trust]? Most of '
en1 English IsuckAtProgramming 2020-09-02 13:37:57 941 Initial revision (published)