Request for Manual Review — abhijain565aj

Revision en1, by LuciferIsBack, 2026-10-08 17:23:27

Hello Codeforces administration, and @MikeMirzayanov,

I am writing to sincerely apologize and request a manual review of my disabled account abhijain565aj.

During Codeforces Round 2275, I participated in the Div. 3 contest out of competition, as my rating was around 1966. I was participating only for practice and warm-up.

I want to be completely honest about what happened. While solving G. Copper Squander, I came up with the solution idea myself and wrote the solution. Towards the end of the contest, I was repeatedly making an indexing/binary-search mistake in my implementation. Since I was out of competition and was treating the contest casually, I made the poor decision to give the problem and my partial code to ChatGPT and use it to help debug the issue.

After reading the AI policy, I fully understand that this was not permitted. The policy explicitly applies to out-of-competition participants in rated rounds and specifically prohibits using AI to diagnose or resolve coding errors. I am not trying to dispute that or make excuses based on being out of competition.

It was a careless decision on my part, and I sincerely regret it.

I have been doing competitive programming seriously for around three years, and this is the first time I have used external/AI assistance during a contest. The account abhijain565aj, along with my entire Codeforces history and everything associated with it, is genuinely very precious to me.

I am not asking you to disregard the rules. I am only humbly requesting a manual review and, if possible, consideration for leniency given the circumstances.

The problem-solving idea and the actual approach were my own; I only used AI assistance to debug the implementation. I understand that this still violated the policy, and I take full responsibility for that decision.

If my account is restored, I promise that I will strictly follow the AI rules in every future contest, including when participating out of competition. I have learned from this mistake and will not repeat it.

I sincerely apologize to the Codeforces administration and community. I would be extremely grateful if you could consider giving me another chance and helping me recover my account.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Original account: abhijain565aj
Posting from: LuciferIsBack

History

 
 
 
 
Revisions
 
 
  Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English LuciferIsBack 2026-10-08 17:30:46 1194 Tiny change: 'e account `abhijain565aj`, along wi' -> 'e account [user:abhijain565aj] , along wi' (published)
en1 English LuciferIsBack 2026-10-08 17:23:27 2467 Initial revision (saved to drafts)