I Did Something Stupid When I Was New to Codeforces — What Should I Do Now?

Правка en1, от zkrkjakb, 2026-10-07 13:56:33

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Codeforces contest rules and what can happen after submitting non-solution code during a contest.

When I was a beginner on Codeforces, I found Div. 2 A problems quite difficult and often couldn't solve them. In one contest, I spent more than 2 hours trying to solve a problem but still couldn't find a solution.

I was frustrated and knew that without making a submission, the contest wouldn't count as participation for me. So I made a very stupid decision and submitted a simple "Hello World" program just to have a submission. I did this in two contests.

Now I understand that it was wrong, and I am genuinely sorry for my mistake. I wasn't trying to cheat, copy anyone's code, or gain an unfair advantage. It was simply a stupid decision made out of frustration as a beginner.

It's been about a year since then. I haven't received any warning or penalty from Codeforces, and I've continued participating in contests normally since then.

What should I expect now? Could these old submissions still result in a penalty or ban? Is there anything I should do?

I'd really appreciate any honest advice from the community.

История

 
 
 
 
Правки
 
 
  Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en1 Английский zkrkjakb 2026-10-07 13:56:33 1258 Initial revision (published)