C++ Extra Declaring vector inside loop = TLE?
Разница между en1 и en2, 12 символ(ов) изменены
Why does declaring vector inside of the loop result in TLE.↵
Eg ↵
↵
Outside↵
↵
~~~~~↵
vector<int> visited(n);↵
for(){↵
  visited.assign(n, 0);↵
  // other code;↵
}↵
~~~~~↵
↵
Inside↵
↵
~~~~~↵
for(){↵
  vector<int> visited(n);↵
  // other code;↵
}↵
~~~~~↵
↵
In the problem below, the "outside" method is AC with 765ms, but the "inside" method is TLE at 3000ms.↵
↵
Why?↵
I can understand there must be some extra cost 
into re-allocate and de-allocate memory for the vector, but is the constant factor really that high? Time Complexity is the same (size of the vector), so I was quite surprised.↵
Would be great if anyone can share more insights. Thanks!↵
↵
↵
↵
Context:↵
I was working Codeforces Round 938 (Div. 3), [problem G: GCD on a grid](https://codeforces.me/contest/1955/problem/G).↵
↵
Eg example accepted solution: https://codeforces.me/contest/1955/submission/260714562↵
vs TLE solution with declaration inside loop: 260714503 (recommend using CF compare)

История

 
 
 
 
Правки
 
 
  Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en2 Английский Jomax100 2024-05-13 00:25:33 12
en1 Английский Jomax100 2024-05-13 00:23:45 1004 Initial revision (published)